It is universal for many people to install an air compressor while setting up a compressed air system. After wiring and mounting the quick-disconnect hose fitting, it is thought the installation is finished. However, the presence of moisture, oil and dirt can ruin the pneumatic tool, paint equipment, etc. There are some necessary elements for the basic compressed air system, assisting users in proper installation.
1.The air compressor should be mounted in a clean, dry, well ventilated room and at least two feet away from wall and corner. It needs sufficient space for inspection, cleaning and maintenance. The toxic, volatile or corrosive agents are better to placed away from the compressor and the hot air from additional equipment is not allowed to blow towards the compressor. Some actions should be taken to treat with potentially hazardous noise. It is ideal to vacate one separate compressor room. The electrical installation should be performed by a qualified electrician with the knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC), OSHA code or any local or state codes having precedence.
2. The air treatment products are taken in consideration. Link one air hose or pipe from the discharge port to an excellent coalescing or particulate filter. The filter aims to get rid of the large particles of oil, dust and other contaminants over 1 micron. It is the unavoidable byproduct in the process of compression.
3. As for the installation of the refrigerated air dryer, users should connect one end of the air hose or pipe to the discharge port of the filter and the other end to the inlet of the dryer. The refrigerated air dryer cools the compressed air at about +39°F. The low temperature of the compressed air leads to the condensing of the trapped water vapor. The condensed moisture carries the airborne dirt and oil to the moisture separator where it is removed from the system by the automatic drain. The dryer with low cost helps to save hundreds, even thousands of dollars in the damage of tool and equipment.
4. While mounting a polishing filter, the dryer's discharge has to be connected to the polishing filter's inlet with the air hose or pipe. The polishing filter is mainly used to remove microscopic particles of oil larger than 0.01 micron, dirt and liquid aerosols in the compressed air, obtaining clean (non-medical) air.
Tips and Warnings
1. Use rated hoses, pipes and fittings, especially those for high pressure compressed air.
2. The air filter element has to be changed at suggested intervals for optimal performance.
3. Not all air dryers offer integrated drain. If required, the external drain pipe should be installed after the dryer and before the polishing filter.